I’m at a bit of a stalled point with this here blog. Not sure where to take it or what to do with it.
I don’t want to keep writing sad and depressing posts about my craptastic job and how I’m hoping and praying I got into the graduate program AND they give me a TA position and how if not, I must start school job searching which is almost as depressing. I don’t want to do that.
I also don’t want to write about weight loss and dieting and working out. I’ve hit a bit of a speed bump, and I’m working on getting back, but I don’t want to shove it down your throats and I don’t love talking about my weight problems all the time, so yeah.
And at the same time, I feel like all I’m writing are frivolous silly posts about meals and a shitty haircut and my irrational fear of dogs. I have considered writing a series of irrational fear posts bc I have a lot of them, but that’s strange too and still, not what I want the whole blog to be about.
So thoughts? What do YOU want. Yes, I write for me, but also for you. I love the connections I’ve made, so what do you want?
While we ponder, tonight is a brain dump. I just like lists.
* Tomorrow is my wonderful mother’s birthday. She does so much for me and I know I don’t show the amount of appreciation that she deserves, especially after the amazing wedding she put together for us. So, I am driving home tomorrow morning, and my brother and I are taking her to lunch. She’s big on us not spending money on her because she doesn’t want to be a burden, but when I called her about it, she got kind of choked up, so I know she appreciates it and is looking forward to it. Also, looking forward to time with both of them. Now that I’ve grown up, I truly cherish the relationships with both of them.
* Mr. A kicked butt on a project at school, and while I try not to put too much of his law school stuff on here, after all the backstabbing and drama at the start of this semester, I want to brag on him a little. He works hard and I know his confidence was a little shaken. Add on being really sick and then missing nearly a week of school because of surgeries (yes, 2 in one week) and hospital visits at 1 am, he needed it. So, yay him!
* Really bad haircut is ruining everything. Not really, but I’m already tired of headbands and bangs pinned back everyday. THIS NEEDS TO GROW OUT SOON!!
* I have baby fever. Sort of. I see them when they’re tiny and I see the cute clothes and things and I want one. But really? I just want to babysit one because I want to send it back. I would panic if we were pregnant right now because of money and jobs and, um, hello, LAW SCHOOL. No kids for us. But they sure are cute.
* I also REALLLLLLLY want a puppy. Despite my weird fear of dogs I don’t know, I love puppies and if it’s my dog, I won’t be afraid of it. Tempted to talk Mr. A into getting out of our lease we signed and finding a place that allows dogs in case I get a job that pays enough that we can afford one. They are just so stinking cute and I’ve wanted one for forever.
* Also, Netflix instant is ruining my life. I have watched more episodes of GREEK and Grey’s Anatomy than I think is reasonable for someone of my age. But I am obsessed. And when GREEK is over, don’t worry, I have another crappy show lined up. Make It or Break It. Yepp. I love me some television. Also, I missed GLEE’s alcohol episode tonight, so I will be hulu’ing it tomorrow. I need a life.
* So I may not love my job, but my manager is probably my most favorite boss that I have ever had. She’s rather fantastic. We have the same sarcastic sense of humor and she can see through some of the b.s. our store manager drones on about. She was also incredibly understanding about Mr. A’s health stuff that came up and me having to miss several shifts at work. Makes it more bearable. Also, the ridiculous things customers do are pretty funny. Working on a crazy customer post.
Hope you are all having a good week. Tell those you love that you love them. Take some time for yourself and do what makes you happy.