I’m sitting here, in my usual spot on the couch. Television is on. And just a little blah. I have titles of blog posts sitting in my drafts section for me to write, but I can’t seem to wrap my head around one topic long enough to blog about it. So I’m taking the easy way and doing some randoms and brain dump.
* So, I wrote about this new “diet”. Ummm….I don’t know if it’s possible to go through carb withdrawal, but I am. Yesterday (Tuesday) was AWFUL. I had no energy, super dizzy, nauseous, and just blech. I laid on the couch all day and the thought of only eating vegetables yesterday made me want to hurl. However, I stuck to it. I had an omelet for lunch to get away from the salads for a day and then we had turkey bratwursts and cauliflower mashed potatoes for dinner. I think it’s best to make sure I have some variety or this will won’t work for me. But, luckily, today I feel better, so I have a little more hope.
* Has anyone seen the Playtex bra commercials for women with larger stuff up top? I’m all for a better supporting bra, but something about that commercial weirds me out. Not sure why, but it does.
* We were originally invited to a classmate of Mr. A’s house for a costume party this Friday. And we like going to this guy’s house, but we have both been busy and don’t need to spend money on a costume. Also, we haven’t had a date night with just us in a while, so I think we’re skipping the party, using a gift card and going to see a movie. I also don’t want to have to deal with driving back from his house with all the other people who have been out drinking. And Mr. A can’t drink right now because of his Crohn’s flare-up and the medicine he is on. So he’d have to watch everyone else drink and not participate and have to answer a million questions about “Why aren’t you drinking?” He’s not ashamed about it because he can’t help it, but no one wants to keep talking about it.
* Tonight is the first game of the World Series. I will be cheering on the Rangers. Usually, i don’t care about sports of my sports teams aren’t in the playoffs, but I do love baseball and I know a bunch of my Twitter/blog friends are excited, and it would be cool for the Rangers to get their first World Series win EVER. AND, as an added bonus, Mr. A and I are going out to a sports bar that is known for their chicken to watch the game. I’ll find grilled chicken in some form and a salad and go from there. I won’t be able to have a beer and wings, but that’s okay. We’ll get out of the house and I’ll still eat well. Woohoo! GO RANGERS!
* We almost came home last weekend with a dog. One of my favorite things to do on Saturdays or Sundays is to go to Petsmart since they have pet adoptions on the weekends. Since we don’t just want any dog, but we have two specific breeds in mind, it’s usually not hard to walk away. Yes, they are cute and snuggly and I want one or twelve, but it’s okay. This past weekend? They had an Airedale. He was 2 years old and named Jake. He looked like a big old teddy bear and was super sweet. But, he was a mix and was bigger than most Airedales. Also, we just can’t have a dog yet. Mr. A was very upset about this. He wants a dog just as badly and he kind of fell in love with Jake. Oh to have more money…
* GLEE: Well, the ladies at Third Tier From the Top and Faux Trixie do hilarious GLEE recaps. They are much funnier than I am, so go check them out. I liked the episode, but I know I missed some things since I have never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show before. I think we might go see it this weekend, but we shall see. My biggest problem with GLEE is that they keep mentioning nationals, but when have they been working on music for it? Why are they going to nationals since they lost sectionals? Why don’t they have to go to regionals and sectionals again this year? And what the eff is going on with Vocal Adrenaline, especially since they stole Sunny????? Her voice was too damn good to be in one episode and then never spoken about again. Come on Glee. I love you, but get with the program already. (Also, why these two week breaks between episodes? ANNOYING.)
* I am currently reading It Sucked and Then I Cried by Heather Armstrong. Ummm….HILARIOUS!!! I don’t have kids, therefore never been through her experiences, but they are so funny. She writes kind of stream of conscious, but I love it. She’s smart and funny and witty and, most of all, honest. Yes, her story makes me a littler nervous about having a baby, but at the same time, it’s the most honest account of labor and delivery and postpartum that I have ever heard of. A woman shouldn’t go into pregnancy blind, but armed with as much info as they can find and know that IF they end up suffering from post patrum, they are not alone and there is NOTHING wrong with getting help. Go read it. Seriously. You will actually laugh out loud.
* So, my MIL wants a Christmas list from me and it is killing me. I don’t want to ask for expensive things because she’s going through a lot and doesn’t need to do that for me. I REALLY want to ask for money, and while I’m willing to do that for MY parents, I’m not willing to write on a Christmas list for her “money”. She bought me some Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses a couple of years ago that I ADORED. They were perfect. I babied those things, but after 3 years, they started coming apart and I finally had to retire them. I would like another pair like those, but I have no idea what she spent on those and feel awkward asking for that again. But, I am asking for some red canvas TOMS shoes, spa/massage gift certificate, and an iTunes gift card. I’ll figure out the rest.